Empanadas con Pollo y Papas (Empanadas with Roast Chicken & Potatoes)
These Colombian-style empanadas are made easy by using refrigerated pie dough and roasted chicken. Serve them with the homemade spicy ají verde for a dish with a kick.
Serves: 16Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Kroger® Rolled Pie Crusts
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Goya® Adobo with Pepper
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, or ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large skillet, sauté onions in oil until translucent, about 4 minutes. Mix in potatoes, salt and pepper. Cover; cook 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in shredded chicken, adobo and cumin. Set aside to cool. Once cool, mix in shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cut pie crust into 3” round circles. In center of each circle, place 1 tablespoon filling. Seal with water; crimp with fork.
- Arrange empanadas on baking sheet; bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In small bowl, combine jalapeños, cilantro, onion, lime juice, white vinegar and salt. Add water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve empanadas with aji verde on the side.