Enchiladas de Pollo
A combination of chicken, cheese and sauce wrapped in corn tortillas is satisfying meal that doesn’t take much time to prepare.
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can (3.8 oz.) sliced black olives
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Let cool and cut into small cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced chicken and the olives with enough enchilada sauce to moisten (about 6 tablespoons). Pour the remaining enchilada sauce into a round cake pan. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Using tongs, dip the tortillas into the oil, and fry each tortilla for a few seconds, just until they're limp (you don’t want to fry them crisp!).
- Dip the fried tortilla into the enchilada sauce as soon as it comes out of the skillet. Lay the sauce-dipped tortilla out on a cutting board (this part is messy but worth it) and spoon the chicken filling on the center of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla over the filling, roll and place (seam side down) in the baking pan. Fry, dip, fill and roll the remaining tortillas. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce (from the round pan) over the enchiladas and top with the cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas for 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve sour cream on the side for dipping.