These enchiladas are smothered in a creamy black bean sauce and filled with cheese for a vegetarian-friendly dish. Garnish with your toppings like onions and cilantro, or experiment with adding extra fillings.
Serves: 6Prep: 25 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Queso Fresco Natural Crumbling Cheese, crumbled
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) Kroger Brand Black Beans with liquid
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Crema or sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9”x13” baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together Monterey Jack and queso fresco, then set aside.
- Place beans, water, chipotles, garlic and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer beans to a skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low.
- Dip tortilla in warm bean sauce to coat, then place dipped tortilla on a plate. Fill with ¼ cup cheese mixture, then fold in half and place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve enchiladas topped with chopped onion, cilantro and crema.
- Refrigerate leftovers.