Experiment until you find your own favorite ingredients. Try mixing beans and meat or adding cooked chicken. Or, for a cheesy enchilada, mix 3 different cheeses and don’t include meat or beans.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 cups refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups red or green chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Ladle salsa into a 9-by-12-inch baking pan.
- Put 1⁄4 cup of the refried beans in the center of each tortilla. Add 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Roll up and place in baking pan.
- When all the enchiladas are in the baking pan, cover with the chili sauce and remaining cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.