English Mint Sauce
This recipe is traditionally served with lamb or pork.
Makes: 6 pintsHands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 6 pints
- 4 cups fresh mint, washed and finely chopped
- 4 cups sugar
- ⅓ cup lemon or lime juice
- 2 bottles English malt vinegar (12 oz.)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large stockpot. Bring to boil and simmer until mint leaves are softened.
- Ladle into jars leaving 1" headroom. Wipe rims and place sterilized lids on each jar. Screw on sterilized band tightly. Process in boiling-water bath for 15 minutes.