Epinards à la Crème (Creamed Spinach)
Crème fraîche and spinach make a great side dish with red meat or pork roast.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add kosher salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the spinach. Cook for 10 minutes, then drain and put in a blender. Process for 30 seconds.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach. Pour in half of the cream, all the salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and stir. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Put a small saucepan on low heat, and pour the rest of the cream in it.
- Pour the spinach in a serving plate, pour the warmed cream on it, stir, and serve.