Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tsp. instant espresso coffee powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2½ cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9" × 13" × 2" baking pan with aluminum foil and brush with the melted butter. Sift together the flour, cocoa, espresso powder, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar and beat on high speed for about 2 minutes, or until thickened. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add the warm chocolate mixture and the flour mixture all at once and beat on low speed until just blended. Fold in the nuts. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack, then cut into 2" squares.