Ethiopian Chicken Stew
The eggs increase the protein, vitamin E, and omega-3 content of this recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 3 large onions, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- Place tomatoes into a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken thighs and lemon juice. Add the coconut butter, onion, and all the spices.
- Add the water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Ladle into bowls with a peeled hard-boiled egg in each individual bowl.