Everyday Vegan Pancakes
It can be difficult to make pancakes vegan and gluten-free. But this combination of gluten-free flours is just right for light, fluffy pancakes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ cups brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra-light olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the almond milk, applesauce, and olive oil. Whisk together until you have a thickened batter.
- Grease a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or nonstick pan with olive oil or nonstick spray. Heat pan on medium-high heat until it’s hot enough to make a drop of water sizzle. Pour a few tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top and pop and the edges are slightly dry. Flip with a spatula and cook the opposite side for 1–2 minutes. Serve hot with maple syrup.