Explorateur Cheese Fondue
Explorateur is a triple-cream cheese with a high fat content and a buttery flavor. Like Brie, it has an edible rind. However, the rind is best removed before melting for a smooth fondue.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup white dessert wine
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 lb. Explorateur cheese, rind removed
- ½ lb. cream cheese
- 1½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. brandy
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Pour wine and lemon juice into a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Break Explorateur and cream cheese into pieces. Add ¼ of the cheese to the simmering liquid and stir in a figure-eight pattern. Once that cheese has melted, add another ¼ to the saucepan. Keep stirring. Repeat until all cheese is melted and mixture is hot, but not boiling.
- Dissolve cornstarch in brandy. Stir into cheese mixture. Cook until just bubbly, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 additional minute. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour liquid into 1 or more fondue pots and keep warm over heat source. Serve with strawberries for dipping.