Extra-Crispy Boneless Buffalo Bites
This spicy appetizer is an easy-to-eat classic. Serve these tasty bites with blue cheese and celery sticks to temper the heat.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the hot sauce and butter. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, or just until the butter has melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- Dip pieces of chicken into the egg mixture 1 or 2 at a time, then into the flour/spice mixture. Repeat so that each piece of chicken is double coated. When all the chicken pieces have been breaded, arrange them on a plate and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or large skillet.
- Drop each piece of chicken into hot oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place the chicken pieces a large bowl. Pour the hot sauce and butter mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.