Extra-Crispy Spicy Chicken Sandwich
This super-crispy chicken sandwich with a hint of spiciness will feed your fast food craving. If you like it really hot, add more hot pepper sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- In a small food processor or chopper, mix together the mayonnaise and chipotle pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half, creating 4 chicken cutlets. Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 350°F.
- Mix the pepper sauce and water in a small shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, and garlic powder. Coat each piece of chicken with the flour mixture then dip it into the hot pepper mixture. Coat cutlets in the flour mixture again.
- Fry cutlets in the hot oil for 4 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Drain cutlets on paper towels.
- Grill the hamburger buns in a hot skillet. Spread mayonnaise mixture on each bun. Top with lettuce, tomato, and chicken.