Extra Red Soup
If you’d like to serve this soup cold, swirl 1 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream into it just before serving for a creamy and delicious flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup yellow onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add bell peppers, onions, pumpkin, garlic, chili, tomatoes, and stock to a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, or until bell peppers and pumpkin are soft. Drain, keeping vegetables and liquid in separate bowls.
- Blend vegetables in a food processor and place back in saucepan with liquid. Add basil, salt, and pepper to soup and heat thoroughly.