Fabulous Fruit Salad
Dried apricots, figs and nutmeg add a new twist to this fruit salad — and the sugared lemon syrup ties it all together.
- 3 cups water
- 1 lemon, with 6 strips cut from rind and juiced
- 3 ounces dried figs, quartered
- 1 apple, sliced thinly
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 ounces dried apricots, sliced
- 3 pears, still firm, sliced thinly
- 1 banana, sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- To a saucepan, add 3 cups water, sugar and lemon rind. Bring to a boil and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in apricots and figs.
- Cool completely.
- Place pear and apple slices in a large bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top and toss.
- Pour cooled syrup over the pear and apple slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.
- To serve, add bananas and ladle fruit out of syrup and top with fresh mint leaves and nutmeg.