Fabulous Peach Bread
Peach schnapps gives this bread an incredible burst of flavor, but flavorful peach nectar can be used as a nonalcoholic substitute. Serve this bread with plain or flavored butter for brunch, breakfast, or dessert.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 3 cups diced fresh peaches
- ¼ cup peach schnapps
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" × 5" loaf pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine peaches with peach schnapps or peach nectar; simmer for 5 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. With a wooden spoon, stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture, alternating with peach mixture. Mix well.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 55–65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.