Flank steak or London broil can be used in place of sirloin steak, but these less expensive cuts should be marinated overnight before grilling.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. sirloin steak
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 bell peppers, preferably different colors
- 2 large onions
- Coat steak generously with olive oil. Rub garlic on both sides.
- Combine salt, black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Sprinkle over steak.
- Grill steak over hot coals or sear in a hot skillet, starting with 2 minutes on each side. Cook as desired, being careful not to overcook. Remove to a platter.
- Trim bell peppers and onions and cut into strips. Add a small amount of oil to skillet and stir-fry onions and peppers for 2 minutes. Or coat onions and peppers with oil and place in a grill basket over hot coals until just crisp and tender.
- Slice steak across the grain into thin strips. Arrange peppers and onions over steak and serve.