Chicken or steak fajitas? It's easy to provide both when you grill them on individual skewers!
Serves: 4Prep: 1 hourCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-2” strips
- 1⁄2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2” strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
- 1 bell pepper, any color, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into ½” wedges
- 8 soft flour tortillas for fajitas (6”)
- 8 (12”) metal skewers
- Sour cream, if desired
- Place steak and chicken in separate medium bowls; drizzle each with half of the oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the dry mix and toss to coat. Cover dishes and refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Thread steak on 4 skewers and chicken on 4 skewers, alternating with pieces of pepper and onion.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place package on warming rack or cool place on grill. Or warm tortillas in microwave as directed on package.
- Place skewers on grill. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until steak reaches desired doneness and chicken is no longer pink in center or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. If steak is done before chicken, remove from grill and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve 1 skewer of meat and vegetables with each tortilla. Top with sour cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.