Falafel Baked Burgers
Made with chickpeas and other wholesome ingredients, these baked falafel burgers are healthy, flavorful and sure to fill you up.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- 4 pita pockets
- 1⁄4 cup Private Selection™ Traditional Hummus
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, sliced
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 butter lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In food processor, combine chickpeas, red onion, garlic, parsley, salt, cumin, coriander, chili powder and oat flour. Process until smooth.
- Shape into four patties; arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until lightly golden.
- Serve burgers in pita; top with hummus, cucumber, tomato and lettuce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.