Fall Fruit and Nut Compote
An easy, sweet and nutty taste of fall any time of year.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 cups pitted whole dates
- ½ cup whole cranberries
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp. grated orange zest
- Combine all the ingredients except the walnuts and zest in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until fruit is tender. Add walnuts and stir.
- Sprinkle each serving with orange zest.