Family-Friendly Punch Bowl Trifle
Easy to bake, easy to make, and lovely to see, this dish is a variation on a favorite recipe that’s as delightful for the kids as it is for the adults.
Serves: 30Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 boxes (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix plus ingredients called for on boxes
- 2 tubs (16 oz.) chocolate whipped topping
- 1 can (20 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (16 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake cakes according to cake mix instructions. Cool cakes. Cut into cubes.
- Place a layer of cake cubes in the bottom of a punch bowl. Add a layer of chocolate whipped topping. Add a layer of cherry pie filling. Repeat layers until bowl is full.
- Top with plain whipped topping. Keep trifle cool until ready to serve.