Family Frittata with Onions, Potatoes, and Sausage
This is an excellent breakfast or light supper dish. As with most egg dishes, the quantities of sausage and other fillings can be adjusted according to your taste. You can substitute other herbs and have fun with the variations.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 low-sugar breakfast sausage patties
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 4 large or 8 small new potatoes, parboiled and sliced thin
- 8 large eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Line up the sausage, onion, and potatoes next to the stove. Beat the eggs and add the milk, continuing to whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large 12" frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown the potatoes. Add the onions, and cook until they caramelize.
- Pour in the egg-milk combination. Sprinkle with sausage, salt, pepper, and thyme. Reduce heat, cover, and let cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.