Famous A’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can form the dough into small, grape-sized balls that cook into about 12 dozen tiny cookies. If making smaller cookies, check them after 8 minutes in the oven.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups Bisquick biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 Tbsp. espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Cream butter and shortening until blended. Add both sugars; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk cornstarch, biscuit mix, milk powder, espresso powder, and cocoa together; stir into butter mixture. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Form into 1-inch balls; place on baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes; cool on wire racks.