Delicious chickpea patties get all fried up . . . healthfully! Filled with tasty, vibrant vegetables that deliver flavor and nutrition, these falafels are little bites of heaven!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- ¼ red bell pepper
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp. coriander, ground
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1½ Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, carrot, bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, coriander, and cumin. Process together while adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil until the mixture becomes thick and wet, adding remaining ½ tablespoon if needed.
- Remove mixture from processor, and form into 6 even patties, about ¾" thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and place patties in skillet. Cook patties for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip patties and continue to cook for another 4–5 minutes, or until golden. Remove patties from heat and set on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve alone with a side sauce, atop a bed of rice or couscous, or on a simple salad.