Fantastic Fish Pie
You can just spoon the mashed potatoes over this dish, but for a more elegant presentation, fill a piping bag (fitted with a star tip) with the potatoes star and pipe them in small mounds all over the dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh cod, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried parsley
- 1⁄8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄8 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the fish pieces evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the broth, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, sugar, and cheese. Pour over the fish. In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes with the egg and spoon over the fish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned and the sauce is bubbly.