Farmers’ Market Trifle
Have an overabundance of fresh fruit? What a wonderful dilemma! This recipe is one of many creative ways you’ll find to celebrate and enjoy the taste of summer.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) angel food cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 box (3.9 oz.) instant pudding mix
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups pomegranate arils
- 1 container (16 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake angel food cake according to cake mix instructions.
- As cake bakes, combine milk, yogurt, and pudding mix in a large bowl using an electric mixer set to high speed. Let stand 10 minutes.
- When cake is baked and cooled, cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Place a layer of cake cubes in the bottom of a large glass bowl, follow with a layer of fruit, and top with milk mixture. Repeat until bowl is nearly full.
- Top with whipped topping. Keep cool until ready to serve.