Here’s a lighter take on the creamy, classic Waldorf salad!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup farro
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Private Selection™ Avocado Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 red skin apples, unpeeled and diced
- 2⁄3 cup fennel, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried currants
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Walnut Pieces
- Place the farro in a medium saucepan. Add the water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until most of the water has been absorbed and the kernels are somewhat tender and pleasantly chewy, 30-35 minutes.
- Drain any excess water and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oils, vinegar and lemon juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the vinaigrette to the bowl of warm farro.
- Add the scallions, parsley, apples, fennel, currants and walnut pieces to the bowl. Toss to combine and refrigerate, covered until ready to serve.