Fast Chocolate Fondue
Chocolate fondue is the perfect choice when you need to make a delicious dessert in a hurry. Many dessert pots are microwave-safe, meaning you can cook and serve the fondue in the same dish. Instead of strawberries, you can use other firm fresh fruit in season, or canned fruit such as pineapple.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 Toblerone bars (3.5 oz.)
- ⅓ cup half-and-half cream
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 25 vanilla wafers
- Wash the strawberries, drain, and remove the hulls on top.
- Break the chocolate bars into several pieces. Place the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high heat for 1 minutes, stir, and then microwave for another minutes. Stir in the almond extract.
- Continue microwaving for 15 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted. (Be sure not to burn the chocolate.)
- Serve the fondue with the strawberries and vanilla wafers for dipping.