Fast Perfect Hollandaise Sauce
This classic sauce is perfect with vegetables, fish, and poultry. It’s rich, velvety, and delightful. Just keep it warm; don’t cook it or it will curdle.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- Place the butter in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan to melt.
- Put the eggs and the lemon juice in the bowl of a blender or food processor. With the motor running on low, slowly drizzle in the melted butter. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Return the sauce to the pan and whisk vigorously until thickened. Immediately pour the sauce into a warm sauceboat. (If you don’t do this immediately, you will end up with scrambled eggs.)