Fat-Free Banana Bread
You can add 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts to this simple banana bread, but then, of course, it won’t be fat free. If you want a bit of texture and crunch without the fat, try adding chopped dates or raisins instead.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium ripe bananas, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup soy milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Mix together the bananas, soy milk, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the flour mixture with the banana mixture just until smooth.
- Spread batter in loaf pan and sprinkle the top with cinnamon. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.