Faux Strawberry Sangria
Strawberries, brightly colored and plump, are the stars of the show for this enticing drink.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 8 cups fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 1⁄4 cups clear apple juice
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, plus additional for serving
- 2 cups plain sparkling water, chilled
- Combine the halved strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Cover and cool to room temperature.
- Press mixture, a little at a time, through a sieve, discarding solids.
- Place the strawberry “syrup” in a large pitcher and add the apple juice and sliced strawberries. Cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- To serve, stir in the sparkling water and serve in tall glasses with additional sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate leftovers.