Fava Bean Hummus with Tahini
If you need extra liquid to help purée the fava beans, you may add olive oil or a splash of vegetable broth, but donʼt overdo it. The hummus should be thick, not runny. Serve this with toasted pita pieces or bagel chips or with fresh vegetables for dunking.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) fava beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. tahini paste
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Put the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, salt, and pepper into a food processor or blender and purée.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Chill until serving time.