Favorite Potluck Bars
Consider these for bake sales and other community events. These bars are sweet, tasty, and completely portable. They arrive at your event in style and fly off the plate.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) box white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13" × 9" × 2" baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl and beat until evenly mixed. Press ⅔ of the batter in the bottom of the pan.
- Combine condensed milk, 1 cup chocolate chips, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on high power. Remove and stir with a fork until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over crust. Dot with remaining cake batter. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool in baking dish. Cut into squares and serve.