Fennel Sprout Cakes
The fennel and mustard sprouts give these cakes a pleasant tang. Serve them with creamy mayo for a balancing effect. You can prepare these sprout cakes in the morning and have them for dinner. They can be dehydrated for 8 to 12 hours without turning them. That means if you put them in the dehydrator before you leave for work, they will be ready to eat when you get home. If you make them at bedtime, you’ll have warm sprout cakes ready for breakfast.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 10 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups sprouted buckwheat
- 1 Tbsp. sprouted mustard seeds
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced fennel
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- In a food processor, combine the buckwheat sprouts, mustard seeds, flax, and garlic and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Form into small patties and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 6 hours. Flip over and dehydrate another 4 hours. Serve warm.