Festive Vegetable Cheesecake
Prepare this appetizer ahead of time; its very easy to reheat when ready to serve.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. plain breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 packages (8 oz.) whipped cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a deep-dish pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Sauté the zucchini, carrots, peppers, and onion. Cook until softened. Allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add eggs, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, feta, parsley, garlic, thyme, and vegetable mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes. Cool before serving.