Feta and Black Olive Pizza
This pizza pays homage to Greece, the original home of meals prepared on an edible bread “plate.”
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into 2 circles (12 inches in diameter), slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Spread 3⁄4 cup sauce in the center of each pizza, leaving one inch around the edges bare.
- Sprinkle 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese over the sauce on each pizza. Distribute 1 cup crumbled feta evenly over each pizza, leaving edges bare. Evenly distribute olives and oregano leaves, then grind black pepper to taste over each pizza.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.