Thanks to this 20-minute recipe, you can whip up the classic Italian dish any time the craving strikes.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 1 6-inch heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons zest of lemon
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a large skillet, stir in cream, milk and lemon juice to blend. Cook over medium heat and add butter, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to pan and toss.
- Add Parmesan a little at a time and whisk to combine. Add lemon zest, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return pasta mixture to low heat and toss until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.