Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
When dining out, ordering Italian food can be difficult when eating a gluten-free diet. Here is a restaurant-quality recipe you can make at home. Add a tossed salad and a slice of gluten-free garlic toast, and your dinner is complete.
Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 8 oz. uncooked gluten-free fettuccine noodles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each), pounded to ¾" thickness
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare gluten-free fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to the skillet and sauté chicken breasts until done, about 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and slice thinly. Return chicken to skillet.
- Add butter and minced garlic to the chicken in the skillet. Once the butter has melted, add the heavy cream. Heat until the cream is starting to boil, about 5 minutes, and add the Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook 2 minutes more, until the cheese is blended and the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the fettuccine and remaining salt and pepper. Add parsley before serving.