Fettuccine Carbonara with Peas
This delicious dish is a weeknight treat. Try using different vegetables in place of the peas, like spinach, broccoli or kale.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 oz. bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (16 oz.) fettuccine
- 1⁄3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Place peas in colander and place in sink. Drain cooked pasta over peas in colander and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel. Drain fat from the pan.
- Add cream and milk to pan and heat over medium until almost simmering. Remove from heat and beat in eggs, cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper and mix with wire whisk. Add cooked pasta to the pan and return to the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce forms and mixture is hot. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.