Fettuccine with Asparagus and Pesto
Make this pasta dish for a quick, fresh, and easy meal. Add fresh asparagus spears to fettuccine as it boils. Drain, scoop into individual bowls, and top with pesto and shaved Parmesan.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut in half, crosswise
- 12 oz. fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1 jar (6 oz.) pesto
- 1⁄2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to boil in a large stockpot. Add salt and stir. Add pasta and stir. Boil uncovered for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Scoop hot pasta into individual bowls and top with a spoonful of pesto and shaved Parmesan cheese.