Fettuccine with Roasted Beet Sauce
Beets are full of beneficial nutrients and they bring a beautiful red hue to this earthy and filling fettuccine dish.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces beets, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 16 ounces Private Selection™ Italian Fettuccine Pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lemon, zested
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On rimmed baking sheet, toss together beets, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and butter. Roast 30 to 35 minutes, until beets are tender.
- Transfer beets, onions, garlic, and broth to blender. Blend until smooth.
- In large skillet, toss pasta with beets sauce and lemon zest until heated through. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve pasta topped with crumbled goat cheese.