Fettuccine with Shrimp, Red Pepper, and Mushrooms
This pasta is elegant enough to serve for a special occasion and easy enough to make for a weeknight meal. And it’s made in one pan so clean-up is easy too!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. raw medium shrimp, peeled
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. lemon pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 package (16 oz.) fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Dry shrimp with a paper towel and season with salt and lemon pepper.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 4–5 minutes or until tender. Add bell pepper and mushrooms; cook over medium heat for 4–5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cooked through and peppers are crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp and cook until they curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream and heat for 2 minutes. Add cooked pasta, tossing gently to combine. Cook over medium heat for 3–4 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened and pasta is hot. Add cheese and stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.