Fig Crostini with Prosciutto
This classic Italian recipe has the most wonderful sweet and salty flavor. You can find prosciutto at most supermarket delis.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 slices (½") whole-grain French bread
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup fig jam
- 2 medium fresh figs, thinly sliced
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 small bunch chives, sliced in 4" pieces
- Brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil. Place on cookie sheet and broil 6" from heat until toasted, about 2–4 minutes; turn and broil second side until toasted. Remove to serving plate.
- Spread each piece of bread with the fig jam and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Top with fig slices, prosciutto, and chives. Serve immediately.