You can use either the white or dark figs for this recipe—just be sure they’re fresh figs.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 medium pears, cored and sliced
- 6 whole fresh figs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, butter, and sugar. Roll out the dough and place in a large ungreased tart pan. Fill the crust with the sliced pears.
- Clean the figs and cut them in half; scatter them across the pears.
- Fold the dough ends up slightly to cover the fruit around the edge of the tart. Bake for 20 minutes.