Filet Mignon with Capers
Capers are so salty you donʼt need to add any additional salt. This elegant recipe is perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 filet mignon steaks (6 oz. each)
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. tiny capers, rinsed
- ⅓ cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp. mustard
- Trim excess fat from the steaks and sprinkle with pepper. Heat grapeseed oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook until they can be moved and the bottom is browned, about 4–5 minutes. Carefully turn steaks and add garlic to the pan.
- Cook steaks 4 minutes longer for medium rare, 5 minutes longer for medium, and 6 minutes longer for medium-well done. Remove steaks from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Drain capers and add to drippings in skillet along with wine. Bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen drippings. Boil for 1 minute to reduce slightly. Then turn off the heat, whisk in the mustard, and serve sauce with steaks.