Filet Mignon with Horseradish Cream
The extra dollop of horseradish is for those who like a little more zest with their steaks. Prepare the sauce in advance to save time.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. bottled horseradish, slightly drained
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 filet mignons (6 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- Additional horseradish, for garnish
- Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, horseradish, pepper sauce, parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the filets with salt and pepper. Cook, searing quickly over high heat, until the underside is browned, about 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare. Flip the filets and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the filets to a plate and tent with tinfoil to keep warm. Let rest for 4 to 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- To serve, place the steaks on serving plates and dollop the sauce on top. Garnish with chives and additional horseradish, if desired.