Filipino Chicken Empanadas
Refrigerated pie crusts make assembling these empanadas easy! Stuffed with chicken, chorizo and a medley of fragrant spices, every bite of these hand-held appetizers is bursting with authentic Filipino flavors.
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 7 ounces ground chorizo
- 1⁄2 cup smoked paprika
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® White Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté garlic in oil. Add onions and continue to cook. Add chicken breast and continue cooking 6-8 minutes, until seared. Add chorizo and continue to cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add paprika, green olives, raisins, white cooking wine and chicken broth; cook 2 minutes, or until liquid evaporates. Drain fat.
- In a small bowl, mix egg and water. Set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll pie crusts with rolling pin, until dough is ¼” thick.
- With 5" cookie cutter, cut 10 circles. On center of circle, place 2 tablespoons chicken chorizo mixture. Brush edges with water, fold, and crimp edges with fork. Using fork, poke holes in top.