Fillet of Sole
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. sole fillets
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 225°F. Put an ovenproof platter in the oven. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Coat each fish fillet with the flour mixture and shake off extra. In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the butter with the oil. Without crowding the fillets, pan-fry each over medium heat until golden—about 1 to 2 minutes.
- As each fillet is done, put it on the platter in the oven. When all the fish fillets are cooked, turn the heat to high, stir in the lemon juice, and cook for a few seconds. Add the parsley, and drizzle over the fish fillets just before serving.