Fingerling Potatoes with Herb Vinaigrette
Fingerling potatoes are long, skinny potatoes with a thin skin. This dish is also delicious served cold as a potato salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. purple and yellow fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and add the kosher salt to the water. Cook potatoes for 6–8 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a greased 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, shallot, thyme, basil, oregano, mustard, and sugar. Drizzle vinaigrette over potatoes.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Serve warm or cold.