Firecracker Shrimp Tacos
Panko-crusted shrimp and a quick cabbage and carrot slaw are the basis of this fresh spin on a seafood taco.
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Old El Paso® Crunchy Taco Shells
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 small head cabbage, shredded
- queso fresco
- sweet chili sauce
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg whites with 2 Tbsp. cold water. Place panko breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Toss shrimp in flour to coat, shaking off excess. Dip shrimp in egg whites, shake off excess, then toss in panko, shaking off excess. Place about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 475ºF oven until shrimp are opaque, about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on size of shrimp) turning shrimp over halfway through cooking time.
- Mix together shredded cabbage and carrot. In a taco shell, layer cabbage mixture, shrimp, cheese, sweet chili sauce and cilantro. Serve immediately.