Fish and Chips Dinner
Here’s a quick dinner idea for a busy night. Make a simple buttermilk dressing and toss with a coleslaw mix. Chill the coleslaw while heating steak fries and breaded fish fillets.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (8.5 oz.) coleslaw mix
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 4 cups frozen steak fries
- 1 package (21 oz.) breaded fish fillets
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- In large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, and dill weed. Toss well with coleslaw mix; cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange steak fries and fish fillets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn fries and fish. Return to oven and bake an additional and 15 minutes, or until the fish and potatoes are golden brown and crisp. Sprinkle fries with salt.
- Serve with the coleslaw and lemon wedges.